#ENDSARS: BRT loses N100m in 6 days

BRT BUSES

The management of Primero Transport Services (PTS) Ltd., operators of the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT), in Lagos, has said it lost over N100 million in six days to the sustained #ENDSARS protests.

Mutiu Yekeen, head of corporate communications of transportation firm disclosed this in Lagos on Wednesday.

Yekeen said that the company has been making losses since October 16, 2020, till date.

According to him, the management has finally suspended operations at all levels because the protest in Ikorodu had been hard on its operations.

READ ALSO: How #EndSARS crisis may impact Nigerian financial markets, economy

The spokesperson said that the BRT had not been operating since Friday, adding that, the state government had also declared curfew which means no transporter could operate from 4 p.m on Tuesday.

“We are hoping something better will come out of the situation because, presently, the situation has impacted negatively on our business in terms of revenue generation.

“We have lost over N100 million in the last six days but we decided to stop operations to avoid damage to our vehicles and also for the safety of commuters as an organisation.

“We value our customers more importantly; that is why we stopped operation due to the volatility of the state especially in Ikorodu.