Occidental Mindoro town hospital prioritizes COVID-19 patients due to surge

Read more: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/?p=1489726#ixzz76so8FBfD

Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

The San Jose District Hospital (SJDH) in San Jose town in Occidental Mindoro has announced in a statement that starting September 18, it will prioritize admission for COVID-19 patients due to surge in cases in the province.

Other cases needing urgent admission are requested to coordinate with San Sebastian District Hospital and Occidental Mindoro Provincial Hospital, the SJDH said in the statement.

ADVERTISEMENT

The emergency room remains open to those in critical condition needing treatment and may be admitted if needed, it added. Those giving birth are advised to coordinate with their rural health unit.

Dr. Enid Asuncion, San Jose municipal health officer and incident commander, said the health workers and facilities are overwhelmed with COVID-19 cases.

Since the pandemic broke last year, the province has logged a total of 3,107 COVID-19 confirmed cases, of which 396 are active cases, 2,593 are recoveries and 118 are deaths.

On Saturday, there were 38 new confirmed cases, 11 recoveries and four deaths in the province. San Jose town has the highest number of active COVID-19 cases in the province at 155, followed by Mamburao (64) and Abra de Ilog (52).

The SJDH was placed under lockdown from September 7 to 17 and from August 27 to September 6.

Authorities have appealed for public discipline in observing the minimum health protocols.

Read more: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/?p=1489726#ixzz76sopCuVk

Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1489726/occidental-mindoro-town-hospital-prioritizes-covid-19-patients-due-to-surge–>

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *