The Lagos State Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board has announced N7,882,822.00 as the final fare for intending pilgrims wishing to perform the 2027 Hajj in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
This is lower than the N7.9 million charged last year.
The Board Secretary, AbdulHakeem Ajomagberin, attributed the reduction in the 2027 fare, compared with 2026, to the efforts of Ambassador Ismail Abba Yusuf, Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON).
‘The credit for this reduction goes to the NAHCON Chairman, who, since assuming office, has pledged to work towards reducing the Hajj fare and making the exercise seamless for Nigerian pilgrims,’ Ajomagberin said.
He urged intending pilgrims to pay the Hajj fare on or before September 26, 2026, the deadline set by NAHCON.
According to him, early payment will enable the Board to secure travel documents within the timeframe stipulated by Saudi authorities.
Ajomagberin reaffirmed the Lagos State Government’s commitment to the welfare of pilgrims throughout their stay in the Holy Land.
He said the government will continue to provide standard accommodation, regular daily meals featuring local delicacies, comfortable local transportation, and organised Ziyarah to historical sites in Makkah and Madinah.
He added that the State Government will also ensure adequate medical care, payment of Basic Travel Allowance (BTA), and support for the slaughtering of Hadayah rams, among other benefits.