Former broadcaster and Cainta Mayor Ramon ‘Mon’ Ilagan will join the Marcos administration as the new undersecretary of the Presidential Communications Office (PCO).
PCO Acting Secretary Dave M. Gomez made the confirmation in an announcement last Monday.
However, he clarified that Ilagan will not replace PCO Undersecretary Claire Castro as Palace Press Officer.
‘He will not replace undersecretary Claire. Claire is still spokesperson and Press Office,’ Gomez said in Filipino.
He said Ilagan will focus on the operations of PCO.
Aside from being a local chief executive in Cainta from 2004 to 2013, Ilagan also served as assistant secretary and spokesperson of the Department of Transportation (DOTr).
He previously worked as a broadcast journalist for ABS-CBN. (Samuel Medenilla)