The number of deaths recorded due to the combined effects of the southwest monsoon and tropical cyclones Luis and Maymay rose to 26, the National Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (NDRRMC) said Tuesday.
According to the NDRRMC in its latest situation report, the majority of the deaths were recorded in Benguet at 15, all of whom perished due to landslides.
Meanwhile, 17 total injuries have so far been recorded, with one individual currently listed as ‘missing’ in Batangas.
In total, 1,468,226 families or 5,146,748 individuals have been affected by the heavy rains caused by habagat, particularly in Ilocos Region, Cagayan Valley, Central Luzon, Bicol Region, Western Visayas, Zamboanga Peninsula, Cordilleras, Metro Manila, Calabarzon and Mimaropa.
A total of 1,989 houses, on the other hand, were recorded to have sustained damage because of the weather systems, the majority or 1,786 only partially while 203 completely damaged.
In terms of general infrastructure, the NDRRMC said damage caused by habagat and the tropical cyclones have reached P3,105,735,771, while agricultural damage is estimated to amount to P1,423,918,790.
Meanwhile, the NDRRMC said a total of P760,110,808 worth of assistance have been released so far.