NDLEA intercepts 290,450 tramadol, pregabalin pills

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has listed interception of 6.3kg of Loud, a potent cannabis strain being smuggled from Thailand to Lagos concealed in bedsheets and dried hibiscus flowers among its recent drug seizures across the country.

Spokesperson for NDLEA, Femi Babafemi who announced this in a statement on Sunday said a total of 290,450 pills of tramadol (250mg) and pregabalin capsules were intercepted in a major drug bust across multiple Nigerian states, including Kano, Lagos, and Kaduna during the week.

Babafemi said a syndicate’s attempt to smuggle cannabis from Thailand to Lagos through courier firms was also foiled by operatives NDLEA operatives working with courier companies

He said in Kano, a joint operation between NDLEA and Customs on Danbatta-Daura Road led to the arrest of 38-year-old Sa’adu Ali.

‘Officers seized 290,450 tramadol pills and pregabalin capsules during the operation.

‘In Lagos, operatives arrested a notorious drug dealer, John Igbe, also known as ‘SammyBless,’ on Admiralty Road, Lekki.’

He was caught with 550 grams of Colorado, a synthetic cannabis strain, packaged in cups.

Babafemi said on the same day, three suspects, Idris Lukman, Fuad Abdulsalam, and Mobolaji James, were arrested in Mushin with 109kg of skunk, 20 bottles of codeine syrup, and 2kg of nitrous oxide.

‘At the Trade Fair Complex in the Alaba area of Lagos, NDLEA operatives recovered 3,700 bottles of codeine syrup and 550,000 caplets of expired 225mg diclofenac in a separate warehouse raid.’

He said in Kwara, 27,700 pills of tramadol (100mg/225mg) were seized from 25-year-old Salisu Abubakar on Monday, Sept. 29, during a stop-and-search operation in Bode Saadu, Moro Local Government Area.

Babafemi said in Kaduna, one Blessing Ovaka, 50, was arrested with 498.5kg of skunk at Kudandan in Chikun LGA, while 27-year-old Dahiru Salisu was nabbed with 34,180 tramadol capsules on Kaduna-Zaria road.

‘Also on Sept. 29, NDLEA officers raided a location in Isheri, Obafemi Owode LGA, Ogun State, arresting Abubakar Audu with 112kg of skunk and 16 grams of tramadol hidden in the premises.’

BBNaija S10: Imisi opens up on plans for 150 million prize

Big Brother Naija Season 10 winner, Imisi, opened up on her plans for the grand prize of 150 million naira.

While speaking with Biggie during her final diary session, Imisi stated that she plans to seek professional financial advise before spending the money.

Imisi also revealed that she has no concrete plan for the grand prize but would like to take her time to avoid making financial mistakes.

‘Honestly, right now I don’t have a set plan for the money. I need to seek financial advice first because I’ve never had such a large amount before. I’ve seen people make mistakes after winning big, so I want to take my time and make the right choices,’ she noted.

Why my administration established N200bn MSME intervention fund – Tinubu

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has explained that his administration created the ?200 billion intervention fund for Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and manufacturers to enhance their competitiveness and address longstanding structural challenges hindering productivity.

Speaking in Abuja on Monday while declaring open the 31st Nigerian Economic Summit (NES31), Tinubu said the initiative aligned with his administration’s broader effort to strengthen the real sector, stimulate innovation, and foster inclusive growth.

Represented by Vice President Kashim Shettima, the President said that beyond the 4.23 per cent GDP growth recorded in September 2025, his government’s reforms are beginning to produce measurable results across critical sectors, exceeding earlier forecasts from both multilateral institutions and domestic economic experts.

Tinubu noted that the success so far recorded is largely due to the confidence reposed in Nigerian economic professionals, whose technical insights have guided policy design and implementation.

‘All our decisions have been guided by the pursuit of balance between economic logic and public expectation,’ he said, reaffirming that his government remains committed to pragmatic policies that combine fiscal discipline with social impact.

Providing further details on the ?200 billion fund, the President said it was designed to rekindle hope among poor, vulnerable, and unemployed Nigerians, particularly young people, by expanding access to loans, grants, and equity financing for small businesses and manufacturers.

He described the initiative as a key pillar of his administration’s drive to rebuild the productive base of the economy and ensure that growth translates into sustainable opportunities for citizens.

The 31st Nigerian Economic Summit, which brings together policymakers, business leaders, and development experts, focuses on strategies to accelerate industrial transformation and strengthen private sector participation in Nigeria’s long-term development agenda.

UN Rankings: Nigeria tops list of countries with shortest lifespan

Nigeria has been ranked as the country with the lowest life expectancy in the world, according to new data from the United Nations World Population Prospects, PM News has gathered.

The report shows that the average life expectancy in Nigeria is 54.9 years. Nigerian men live an average of 54.3 years, while women live slightly longer at 54.9 years.

This places Nigeria at the bottom of a list of 25 countries with the shortest lifespans – just below Chad (55.2 years), South Sudan, and the Central African Republic (57.7 years).

The UN report adds that 22 out of the 25 countries with the lowest life expectancy are in sub-Saharan Africa, including Lesotho (57.8 years), Somalia (59.0 years), and Mali (60.7 years).

High maternal and infant deaths, poor healthcare access, and insecurity in some regions continue to affect life expectancy in Nigeria.

According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), the main causes of death globally include cancer, heart disease, diabetes, lung disease, and mental health conditions.

The Federal Ministry of Health has promised to improve public health facilities and expand universal health coverage, but progress has been slow.

However, medical expert Dr. Raymond Kuti disagreed with the UN figures, saying that Nigeria’s life expectancy might actually be higher.

‘The criteria they use are not always accurate. They make it look like Nigerians live shorter lives than they really do,’ he said.

Dr. Kuti acknowledged that diseases affect lifespan but stressed the importance of using reliable data to show the country’s true health situation.

International health agencies continue to call for more investment in healthcare, nutrition, and sanitation to help Nigerians live longer and healthier lives.

DSP Barau to distribute N20,000 each to 10,000 people in Kano

No fewer than 10,000 less privileged persons across the 44 Local Government Areas of Kano State are to receive N20,000 each from the foundation of Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Barau I. Jibrin.

The Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the Deputy President of the Senate, Ismail Mudashir, in a statement, said the selection process for the programme will commence on Thursday, October 9, 2025, with the distribution of forms.

The cash disbursement is being carried out by the Barau I. Jibrin Foundation (BIJF), established by the Deputy President of the Senate.

The Foundation has undertaken various programmes, including a foreign postgraduate scholarship for indigent students in Kano State.

He said the initiative is part of Senator Barau’s efforts to have a direct impact on the lives of the less privileged individuals in the state.

‘ A total of 6,500 persons would be selected from the Kano North Senatorial District, with each of the 13 LGAs set to produce 500 beneficiaries. One hundred twelve individuals (112) will be selected from each local government area in Kano Central and South Senatorial Districts.

‘This is in addition to the numerous interventions of the Deputy President of the Senate in the areas of education, healthcare, agriculture, security and transportation, among others. The Deputy President of the Senate remains committed to empowering the people.

‘ Empowering women and youth is a central focus of His Excellency’s initiatives, which aim to foster development and growth in the North and the country at large,’ he said.

”You’ll be defeated,” Oshiomhole warns Jonathan against joining 2027 presidential race

Senator Adams Oshiomhole has warned former President Goodluck Jonathan that he will be defeated if he took the advice of those urging him to contest against President Bola Tinubu in the 2027 presidential election.

Oshiomhole, a former governor of Edo State said this while reacting to calls on the former President to join the 2027 presidential race by some opposition politicians.

Prof. Jerry Gana, a former Minister of Information and National Orientation had in a recent statement asserted moving to draft former President Goodluck Jonathan into the 2027 presidential race.

Gana, a member of Board of Trustees of opposition Peoples Democratic Party had asserted that Jonathan would contest the 2027 presidency on the platform of the party.

The former President had also been seen paying visits to chieftains of opposition coalition’s African Democratic Congress, ADC, thus further giving vent to speculations that he may be gearing up to contest the 2027 presidency.

However, Jonathan had not spoken on the speculations that he may be planning to attempt a return to Aso Rock presidential villa.

ý

Reacting to the speculations, Oshiomhole advised Jonathan not to heed the calls in order not to damage his legacy.

The Senator who said this on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics, added that only enemies of the former president would want to attempt a return to Aso Rock.

He, however, said that Jonathan would would be defeated in 2027 by the ruling APC if he ignored his advice and decided to join the presidential race in 2007.

2027: Allow Jonathan to enjoy retirement from public office – APC tells PDP

Oshiomhole spoke just as the Lagos chapter of APC advised the PDP to allow the former President to enjoy his retirement from public office in peace, rather than luring him into 2027 race.

Jonathan needs overdose of good luck to stand a chance

The party’s spokesman, Mr Seye Oladejo, a statement said rather than luring Jonathan into ‘a final dance whose result is all too predictable’, the cheerleaders should allowed the former Nigerian leader to relax.

‘Indeed, if he chooses to run, President Jonathan will need more than an overdose of good luck to stand a chance.

‘The landmines before him are numerous – legal, past records, and fundamental questions of capacity,’ he said.

Speaking on Gana’s public remark at the PDP Niger State Congress in Minna, Oladejo said that election remained contests of ideas, competence and delivery – not nostalgia or recycled rhetoric.

He said: ‘Prof. Gana’s certainty that a particular individual will be the PDP candidate or that Nigerians are clamouring for a return to the past is premature and political theatre.

‘We acknowledge and appreciate Prof. Gana’s sense of humour, which may be entertaining but is out of place in serious political discourse.

‘It may also be interesting to interrogate his continued relevance, having been around the corridors of power forever without leaving behind any remarkable legacy of transformation or notable accomplishments.’

He said that Gana arrogating to himself the sole power to determine the presidential candidate of a whole political party has exposed the PDP’s disdain for internal democracy.

He said PDP is unlike the APC, which remained firmly committed to internal democracy and a transparent nomination process.

‘The PDP and other opposition parties appear to be working towards already pre-determined ends as far as their presidential candidates are concerned,’ he said.

Oladejo advised Gana not to unnecessarily heat up the polity by embarking on campaigns before the official ban on electioneering is lifted by the electoral body.

He described the declaration as total disregard for due process.

According to him, since 2023, Nigerians have been witnessing major policy shifts and bold reforms aimed at revitalising the economy, attracting investment, and expanding social interventions.

He said: ‘Lagos APC stands firmly behind President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s agenda to fix the economy and build infrastructure that creates jobs and improves lives.

‘We will continue to defend policies that prioritise the future over the past.

‘The APC in Lagos calls on all political actors – including the PDP and its chieftains – to desist from divisive nostalgia and instead present clear, implementable programmes for the challenges Nigerians actually face.

‘If the PDP truly believes Mr Jonathan is the solution, they should lay out specific, detailed policy proposals and submit them for public scrutiny rather than making pronouncements that sound like campaign hype.’

What Reno Omokri said about virginity that stirred reactions

Nigerian author and controversial media personality, Reno Omokri, has claimed that a woman’s virginity is a gift that should be reserved for ones husband.

Reno on his Instagram page explained that virginity plays an important role in relationships, marriages and the bond of couples.

He went on to add that a woman who marries as a virgin does not need to bring any other thing to the table as that ‘gift’ is the best a man can receive.

‘As long as a woman brings virginity to the table, she does not have to bring anything else physically to that relationship to make it stable. You, as a man, should bring the rest. The best gift your wife can give you is her virginity. Once she enters the marriage with that, that quality adds value to you physically, spiritually and emotionally. The connection between you and her will be almost mystical,’ he stated.

Reno then advised young ladies to practice abstinence, stating that the advise is not, however, exclusive to only females.

‘So, my counsel to young people out there, especially, but not exclusively, to females, is this: Keep your virginity until marriage. Your friends may laugh at you, but that laughter is without mirth. It is what the Lukumi Yoruba call Erin Ika. You can be like them in one minute. But they can never be like you in one million light-years!,’ he added.

Shank opens up on childhood, journey to success

Content creator and skit maker, Adesokan Adedeji Emmanuel also known as Shank, has opened up on his childhood and struggles in the early stage of his career.

Shank on his social media page revealed that he started his content creation journey in a small room, where he was constantly interrupted by sounds from animals.

Shank expressed his heartfelt appreciation for his growth, stating that he is a product of God’s grace.

‘I didn’t even have 1M in my account back in 2020. I was shooting videos in a small room people called a ‘prison,’ with hens and goats making noise in the background. Time changes a lot of things. I am a product of God’s grace. God is too good to me, Aje.,’ he stated.

ACF alleges sabotage of Dangote Refinery, warns of economic fallout

The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) has alleged that there are attempts to sabotage the Dangote Petroleum Refinery and Petrochemicals Company.

ACF said the situation could severely undermine Nigeria’s economic stability and investor confidence.

The ACF in a statement signed by its National Publicity Secretary, Prof. Tukur Muhammad-Baba, said it was concerned over regulatory delays, limited crude oil supply, pricing disputes, and industrial unrest confronting the refinery.

It said, ‘The challenges confronting the refinery bear the imprint of entrenched cabals bent on sustaining their asphyxiating grip on the oil industry and the national economy.’

Describing the Dangote Refinery as Nigeria’s largest and most advanced indigenous crude oil processing facility, the forum called for urgent protection of the project, citing its strategic importance to national development.

The forum particularly criticized the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) for allegedly violating a court order that barred it from disrupting the refinery’s operations.

‘No law-abiding organisation should disregard a valid court order,’ ACF stated.

Mr Eazi opens up on presidential ambition

Nigerian singer and entrepreneur, Oluwatosin Ajibade, also known as Mr Eazi, has opened up on his political aspirations.

Mr Eazi, on his social media page, revealed that he would like to run for president for an African country. The artist who has a close affinity with Ghana despite being Nigerian, stated that he plans to be a president who is not hungry for money and power.

‘I have been thinking about it. I think it’s time to share it with you guys. Some of you might be from some country, specifically in Africa, and you are looking for a president; a president who is not looking for money and power but forward-thinking, young, active and can move your country better. So, I’m officially putting myself forward for the presidency,’ he declared.