Bagbin Apologises To Judiciary Over Vetting Misconduct

The Speaker of Parliament, Alban Sumana Kingsford Bagbin, has formally apologised on behalf of Parliament to members of the judiciary following what he described as ‘discourteous’ behaviour by some Members of Parliament (MPs) during the vetting of the Chief Justice nominee on Monday.

Addressing the House yesterday, Mr. Bagbin said his attention had been drawn to comments and conduct exhibited by certain MPs during the Appointments Committee’s proceedings, which may have appeared disrespectful to members of the judiciary who were in attendance.

‘Such conduct, though not representative of the collective will of Parliament, is regrettable and inconsistent with the decorum expected of Members under the Standing Orders of Parliament,’ he said.

The Speaker emphasised that Parliament’s Standing Orders require members to maintain order and civility both in the House and in committee sittings, refraining from the use of offensive, insulting, or unbecoming language.

He particularly cited Order 123(3), which cautions members against imputing improper motives or using words likely to cause offence.

Mr. Bagbin reaffirmed Parliament’s unwavering respect for the judiciary as a co-equal arm of government, underscoring that the 1992 Constitution, under Article 125(1), vests the judicial power of Ghana in the judiciary and guarantees its independence from any control or direction.

He reminded members of the importance of maintaining mutual respect among the three arms of government (the Executive, Legislature, and Judiciary) in keeping with the doctrine of separation of powers.

‘The Standing Orders serve as a reminder that our proceedings must always reflect the dignity and integrity of Parliament as a key organ of state,’ the Speaker stated.

Mr. Bagbin disclosed that he had directed the leadership of the Appointments Committee to take note of the incident and ensure that all future vetting sessions are conducted with the highest levels of civility, objectivity, and institutional respect.

He urged MPs to uphold the longstanding spirit of cooperation and mutual regard between Parliament and the judiciary, stressing that both institutions must work together to protect the country’s constitutional democracy.

Concluding his remarks, the Speaker again extended Parliament’s ‘deepest apologies and assurances of continued respect for the judiciary and its esteemed members.’

Mr. Bagbin hinted at enforcing stricter discipline within the House, saying, ‘I will come back on this issue of decency, discipline, and decorum, and this time, I’m coming with the hammer, not the gavel.’

Sports Ministry Congratulates Muftawu Nabila Abdulai After GJA Award

The Ministry of Sports and Recreation has congratulated JoySports journalist Muftawu Nabila Abdulai on being named Sports Journalist of the Year at the 29th Ghana Journalists Association (GJA) Awards held in Kumasi.

In a statement signed on behalf of the Minister the Ministry praised Muftawu for his dedication to sports journalism and his consistent efforts toward advancing the industry.

‘The Ministry received the news with great excitement and pride, recognising your hard work, dedication to sports journalism, and the responsiveness qualities that have become your hallmark,’ the statement read.

The Ministry lauded Muftawu’s commitment to developmental sports reporting, describing his work as both impactful and essential to shaping public discourse on sports in Ghana.

‘The developmental angle of sports journalism that you embody is highly valued by the Ministry of Sports and Recreation,’ it added.

The statement further encouraged the two-time award winner to continue striving for excellence and to build on his achievements for the benefit of sports journalism and national development.

Muftawu Nabila Abdulai previously won the same award at the 2024 GJA Awards held at the Accra International Conference Centre.

I Have 18 Children With 9 Women – Kaakyire Kwame Appiah

Highlife musician Kaakyire Kwame Appiah has revealed that he is a proud father of 18 children with nine different women.

Speaking in an interview, the veteran artiste said he is not embarrassed about the number of children he has, insisting that he sees no reason to be ashamed.

‘I have 18 children with nine women, and I am not shy about it. Why should I be?’ he told Nana Romeo on Okay Fm.

Kaakyire Kwame Appiah, known for his hit songs Bronya and 24th, explained that he takes full responsibility for all his children and maintains good relationships with them.

They also know each other, and my last-born is 4 months old.

According to him, he actually wanted 25 children, adding that he would be happy if it happens.

He added that, despite public perceptions, having a large family is not a burden to him but rather a source of pride and joy.

The musician, who has been active in Ghana’s highlife scene for decades, noted that his experiences as a father have shaped his outlook on life and music.

Kaakyire Kwame Appiah remains one of Ghana’s respected highlife artistes, known for his contributions to the genre and his outspoken personality.

Lasmid and King Promise’s ‘No Issues’ Tops Ghana’s Audiomack

Following the release of ‘No Issues’ by talented Ghanaian singer and songwriter, Lasmid and Telecel Ghana Music Awards Artiste of the Year, King Promise, the song has peaked at number one on Ghana’s Audiomack charts.

The song, produced by MOG Beatz, is a hymn for the unbothered. It speaks about choosing peace over drama, ease over ego.

The song blends Lasmid’s youthful energy with King Promise’s soulful tone, creating a seamless blend of rhythm and melody. ‘No Issues’ is about keeping things simple, spreading positivity, and enjoying the moment, making it perfect for late-night drives, house parties, or unwinding after a long day.

‘King Promise and I wanted to create something that feels true to our sound and easy on the soul,’ Lasmid explained in an interview. ”No Issues’ is about keeping things simple, spreading positivity, and enjoying the moment.’

Lasmid, real name Ladsmid Nathaniel Owusu, first turned heads when he won MTN Hitmaker Season 8 back in 2019.

Since then, he has carved out a lane that’s distinctly his – equal parts singer, rapper, and vibe curator. From ‘Ghana Jollof’ to ‘Friday Night’, his music radiates youthful energy without losing touch with its Ghanaian roots. He’s that guy who could jump on a drill beat, a highlife groove, or a pop hook – and somehow make it all sound like home.

Yvonne Nelson Is A Global Icon – Victoria Michaels

GHANAIAN-NIGERIAN Model, Victoria Michaels, has applauded actress Yvonne Nelson’s two decades of achievement in the Ghanaian entertainment industry.

She made this comment under a post by Yvonne Nelson on her 20 year journey in the movie industry.

The 20 slide post containing pictures and videos had the caption, ‘Loving the journey! #20years #retroyn.’

Under the comment section, Victoria Michaels wrote, ‘A global Icon and fav. (love emoji) Congratulations YN!’

The post has generated congratulatory messages from followers, including Actor Prince David Osei, who commented, ‘Queen 4 ever’. Rap Queen, Eno Barony commented, ‘The Best’ while Fashion Designer Hagyams also added, ‘An Icon, Forever Loved.’

Yvonne Nelson has achieved immense success as an actress in Ghana and beyond over the past two decades.

She has won several awards, including Best Upcoming Actress at the 4th Africa Movie Academy Awards, Best Actress in Leading Role at the 2015 Ghana Movie Awards, and Best Picture for ‘Single and Married’ at the Ghana Movie Awards.

With over 200 films to her credit, including ‘Princess Tyra,’ ‘House of Gold,’ and ‘If Tomorrow Never Comes,’ Yvonne Nelson has solidified her position as one of Ghana’s finest actresses.

She has produced notable films like ‘The Price,’ ‘Single and Married,’ and ‘House of Gold,’ and owns YN Productions, YN International School among others.

Yvonne established the Yvonne Nelson Glaucoma Foundation in 2010 to raise awareness about the disease and has been recognised for her charitable efforts.

She also released her memoir, ‘I Am Not Yvonne Nelson,’ in 2023, sharing her life experiences and inspiring others.

EOCO Arrests Ex-BOST CEO

The Economic and Organised Crime Office (EOCO) apprehended former Bulk Oil Storage and Transport Company Limited (BOST) CEO, Dr. Edwin Alfred Provencal, at Kotoka International Airport on November 10, 2025, while attempting to travel to Maputo, Mozambique.

According to sources, EOCO officials intercepted him to ensure that the ongoing probe into BOST’s operations was not compromised, indicating that his travel was unauthorised.

The arrest follows a forensic risk assessment report by policy think tank IMANI Africa, which alleged systemic fraud, fiscal leakages, and governance failures in the Gold for Oil programme.

The report also flagged concerns about former BOST officials and a partner company accused of exploiting the programme through offshore assets, trade-based money laundering, and fiduciary breaches. It further noted that all international suppliers involved in the scheme had opaque ownership structures linked to high-risk jurisdictions, including Dubai, Cyprus, and Switzerland.

Former General Secretary of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), John Boadu, has raised concerns over the arrest of Dr. Provencal, emphasising that due process must be observed.

According to Boadu, Dr. Provencal’s name had been on a flight watchlist since October 8, a development which the former BOST boss was allegedly unaware.

In a report by Adomonline on November 11, 2025, Boadu stated that while the NPP supports accountability and lawful prosecution, investigation must be conducted transparently and fairly.

He further questioned the freezing of suspects’ bank accounts, arguing it could impede access to legal representation.

Refuted Allegation

Following the release of the report, Dr. Provencal has vehemently refuted the allegation levelled by IMANI Africa, stating that the necessary checks were conducted before engaging any partner.

‘Every partner we selected, there was some due diligence by BOST, there was due diligence by the Financial Intelligence Centre, and further due diligence by the Bank of Ghana (BoG) before they were onboarded onto the programme. So, I’m at a loss as to what is being discussed,’ he told Bernard Avle on Citi FM’s Eyewitness News.

Dr. Provencal emphasised that petroleum products imported under the scheme were traceable and fully accounted for.

‘There’s traceability of all the molecules that came into the country. So, I’m at a loss as to why products could not be accounted for. If products couldn’t be accounted for, the Auditor General and BoG would have flagged it when they audited BOST.

‘Every molecule that goes to the market, the Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) and National Petroleum Authority (NPA) ensure that the taxes and levies are slapped on it. So far as every molecule that came into the country from the Gold for Oil programme, there’s a paper trail and accountability. So, I’m at a loss as to how there could be leakages,’ he explained.

MTN Ghana Launches 2025 Sustainability Week

MTN Ghana has reaffirmed its commitment to environmental stewardship, social inclusion, and responsible business practices through collective action as it launched the 2025 Sustainability Week in Accra.

Speaking at the launch themed, ‘Sustainability: Our Collective Responsibility – Driving Impact, Deepening Commitment,’ Chief Corporate Services and Sustainability Officer of MTN Ghana, Adwoa Wiafe, emphasised that sustainability is not merely a corporate initiative but a shared duty that requires participation from all sectors of society.

‘Sustainability concerns everyone. No matter who you are or where you are, we are all part of the global conversation on building a better, more resilient future for all humanity,’ she explained.

Mrs. Wiafe highlighted that the launch coincided with COP30 in Belém, Brazil, where world leaders are discussing global climate action and carbon emission targets.

‘The opening of COP30 in Brazil and our Sustainability Week here in Ghana remind us that sustainability is a shared duty – one that unites countries, businesses, and individuals around a common purpose,’ she stated.

Reflecting on MTN Ghana’s progress since its inaugural Sustainability Week in 2024, Mrs. Wiafe noted that the company has made significant strides in embedding sustainability into its operations and culture.

She credited these achievements to the collaborative efforts of employees, partners, and stakeholders who share MTN’s vision of a sustainable and digitally empowered Ghana.

Chief Executive Officer of MTN Ghana, Stephen Blewett, called on businesses, policymakers, and individuals to embrace sustainability as a shared responsibility in driving the country’s economic, social, and environmental transformation.

He reiterated the company’s commitment to integrating sustainability at the core of its operations and aligning its growth with the principles of environmental stewardship, social inclusion, and ethical governance.

Technical Advisor at the Ministry of Climate Change and Sustainability, Cedrick Dzelu, commended MTN Ghana for its leadership in integrating sustainability and climate sensitivity into its operations.

He noted that MTN’s initiatives, such as its commitment to renewable energy and waste reduction, align closely with the government’s climate vision under President John Dramani Mahama and the broader national development agenda.

‘This initiative is in line with the government’s vision to cascade climate change and sustainability approaches across all ministries, departments, and agencies,’ he said.

Union Berlin’s Derrick Kohn Earns First Black Stars Call-Up

UNION BERLIN defender Derrick Kohn has received a call-up to the Black Stars ahead of Ghana’s upcoming international friendlies, the Bundesliga club has announced.

The German-born full-back is expected to make his long-awaited debut as Ghana embarks on a two-game tour of Asia, where the team will face Japan and South Korea.

Kohn was previously invited by head coach Otto Addo, but delays in finalising his nationality switch prevented him from featuring in competitive fixtures.

With the switch now completed, the 25-year-old is set to be part of Ghana’s preparations for the 2026 FIFA World Cup. The Ghana Football Association (GFA) is yet to officially publish the squad list for the matches.

Ghana will play Japan on Friday, November 14, in the Kirin Challenge Cup before taking on South Korea on November 18. The friendlies form part of the Black Stars’ rebuilding process after missing out on the 2025 Africa Cup of Nations.

80th Remembrance Day Marked In Ho

The 80th Remembrance Day of the end of the First World War was commemorated in Ho, the Volta Regional capital, with a solemn service and parade to honour the gallant men and women who sacrificed their lives in the line of duty.

The colourful but reflective ceremony, held at the Ho Jubilee Park, brought together officers and men of the various security agencies, traditional authorities, veterans, and members of the public.

The parade featured contingents drawn from the Ghana Armed Forces, Ghana Police Service, Ghana National Fire and Rescue Service, Ghana Prison Service, Ghana Immigration Service, and the Customs Division of the Ghana Revenue Authority. Members of the Veterans Association of Ghana (VAG) also took part in the event.

The ceremony was marked by Christian, Muslim, and traditional prayers, the laying of wreaths, the reading of the Binyon Verse, the blowing of the siren, and the sounding of the Last Post at exactly 11:00 a.m. This was followed by a three-gun salute and a two-minute silence in honour of fallen heroes who paid the ultimate price in defence of peace and freedom.

Volta Regional Minister, James Gunu, laid a wreath on behalf of President John Mahama and the people of Ghana. The Flag Officer Commanding the Naval Training Command, Commodore James Adongo Agambire, also laid a wreath on behalf of the security services in the region.

Togbe Adanu Sakrafo X, Paramount Chief of the Goviefe Traditional Area, represented the chiefs and people of the Volta Region, while Ex-Warrant Officer Class One (WOI) Kofi Amegbor laid a wreath on behalf of the Veterans Association of Ghana.

The Remembrance Day, observed annually on November 11 in most Commonwealth countries, serves as a time to reflect on the sacrifices made by servicemen and women during the First and Second World Wars, as well as in other peacekeeping and military operations around the world.

The solemn occasion in Ho reinforced the enduring message of peace, unity, and gratitude towards Ghana’s heroes past.

Binatone Unveils New ‘Power Station’

ýýBinatone, a trusted global brand with 67 years of innovation and over 51 years of presence in Africa, has announced the launch of its latest innovation – the Binatone Power Station, a portable plug-and-play energy solution designed to meet Africa’s growing need for reliable, efficient, and eco-friendly backup power.

ýBuilt for modern living, the Power Station offers clean, dependable power for homes, small offices, and outdoor activities – especially during long power cuts or in off-grid areas. With advanced lithium-iron-phosphate (LiFePO4) battery technology, multiple output ports, and dual recharging capability (solar and AC), users can stay powered anywhere, anytime.

ý’For more than five decades, Binatone has empowered African households with reliable and affordable appliances. The launch of the Binatone Power Station marks another milestone in our journey to make modern living easier, smarter, and more sustainable,’ said Bighnesh Padhee, Head of Sales and Marketing.

ýýThe new Power Station range comes in two high-performance variants to suit diverse user need i.e the BPS-2400 (2400W): a robust 2,240Wh unit powered by a 44.8V / 50,000mAh LiFePO4 battery.

It offers up to 4,000 charge cycles, multiple output ports, Bluetooth app connectivity, and optional capacity expansion with two additional BEB-2400 batteries – reaching a total capacity of 6,720Wh; and the BPS-1800 (1800W): a lighter, high-efficiency model ideal for everyday household needs, providing safe, stable power for appliances, gadgets, and essential devices.

ýýýThe Binatone Power Station range will soon be available across major retail outlets and online platforms throughout Africa, the company said.

About Binatone

Founded in 1958, Binatone is one of the leading global names in domestic appliances . Trusted by millions across Africa, the brand has served homes for over five decades, delivering quality, affordability, and customer-focused innovation.

Binatone’s extensive product portfolio includes stand and rechargeable fans, blenders, kettles, irons, air fryers, cookers, air conditioners, refrigerators, Washing Machines, voltage Stabilizers and now, portable power solutions – all designed to make everyday life easier, more efficient, and more enjoyable.