2 motorcycle riders killed in separate highway accidents

Two motorcycle riders were killed while two others were injured in separate road accidents in southern Cebu on Friday, August 7.

In Naga City, a 65-year-old rider died after his motorcycle was struck by a cargo truck along the National Highway in Barangay South Poblacion past noon.

Police identified the victim as Daniel Segura Robiato, a resident of Barangay Inoburan. Investigators said Robiato was traveling southbound on a red Honda Click when he shifted to the inner lane to avoid a stalled vehicle.

A white SINO Truck HOWO, driven by Pablo Caayo Catipat, hit the motorcycle, dragging Robiato underneath. He was rushed to Vicente Mendiola Center for Health Infirmary but was declared dead on arrival.

Catipat was taken to the City of Naga Police Station for mandatory alcohol and drug testing under Republic Act 10586, the Anti-Drunk and Drugged Driving Act of 2013.

Sibonga accident

Earlier that morning in Sibonga, a 38-year-old rider was killed while two others were injured in a collision along Vegetable Highway in Barangay Kaulusan.

Police identified the fatality only as alias Rolando, a resident of Barangay Sayao, who was driving a red RUSI 125. The other motorcycle, a RUSI Bolt 125, was operated by alias Rene with a male minor as back rider.

Investigators said Rolando allegedly turned right into the opposite lane, colliding with Rene’s motorcycle.

All three were rushed to Carcar City District Hospital, but Rolando was declared dead on arrival. Rene and the minor sustained injuries. Police continue to probe the circumstances of the crash.

Authorities in both Naga and Sibonga are conducting follow-up investigations into the two fatal accidents

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *